- 1 How To Start A WordPress Blog On Bluehost For Beginners Step By Step Guide
- 1.1 1. Register A Domain Name For Your Blog :
- 1.2 2. Buy Web Hosting For Your Blog :
- 1.3 When you are ready to start your WordPress Blog below are the quick steps :
- 1.4 Below are the screenshots of the complete steps :
- 1.5 3. Mapping Your Domain Name With BlueHost Web Hosting :
- 2 4. How To Install WordPress On BlueHost
- 3 Best WordPress Plugins To Install For Your Blog :
- 4 Still Need Help ?
How To Start A WordPress Blog On Bluehost For Beginners Step By Step Guide
Now you are just a few steps away on creating your very own self-hosted Blog on Bluehost so let’s quickly finish this.
1. Register A Domain Name For Your Blog :
Click Here to get your free domain name and continue following the below-mentioned steps to complete the registration process. Make sure that you choose a very descriptive domain name for your WordPress blog, it should be short, precise and clearly describes your blog niche or topic.
This will make your readers to easily recall and type your domain name in their browser so you can get more traffic and readers to your blog. The more readers and traffic you have the more money you can make with your blog.
You can get free domain name with Bluehost if you buy the web hosting package with them you can buy for 12 months package as it is cheaper, affordable and most importantly you can save the good amount of money. If you are beginners then it makes sense to go for 12 months hosting package.
It’s a great deal otherwise, there is no another web hosting company which is providing free domain name with any hosting package and by purchasing the Bluehost web hosting you can grab a 100% free domain name.
I will show you exactly how to get free domain name and web hosting from Bluehost all you need to do is follow the simple steps mentioned below.
2. Buy Web Hosting For Your Blog :
You need a web hosting to host your WordPress blog and Bluehost is the most recommended service which is promoted by WordPress itself. They have three plans which are mentioned below
You can choose any package according to your need but if you are beginners and just started your very first blog then you can go with Basic plan in which you will get 1 free domain name along with the features shown in the below screenshot.
In fact you are going to get a free domain name no matter which plans you buy and I would recommend you to choose Basic plan with 12 months hosting by this not only you will get free domain and save approx $10 to $12 dollars but also you will take away the risk of getting your website expired and losing all your hard work.
Another reason for selecting 12 months hosting is that you will take away the hassle of renewing your plan every month after month and personally I hate this and I usually buy 12 month hosting for all my blogs.
You have nothing to lose here if you want your money back then they have 30 days full money back guarantee and you can anytime request your full money back if you don’t like. So it’s completely safe to try their web hosting and I firmly believe that you will love the services since their servers are highly SEO optimized for faster loading.
Google now ranks and give more priority to fast loading blogs and website and hosting your blog with Bluehost your blog or website will load very fast and thus you will get good ranking and this will ultimately result in more traffic and more money you can make with your blog.
When you are ready to start your WordPress Blog below are the quick steps :
- Go to Bluehost and click on “Get Started Now” Button.
- Check your package ( 12 months Basic Plan recommended for beginners).
- Enter Domain name of your choice ( Free no fees) or enter your previously purchased domain name.
- Enter the required information.
- On the next step, you will be required to choose the password to make sure to choose a strong password which will be really hard for others to guess. Make use of uppercase, lowercase, numeric and special characters.
Below are the screenshots of the complete steps :
- Visit Bluehost and click on “Get Started Now button“
2. Now on the next page select the hosting plan for your WordPress blog. We would highly recommend you to go for the basic plan since you are just starting out later when your blog gets more traffic and readership then you can easily upgrade your plan by simply contacting the Bluehost support team and they will assist you with that.
3. Now you need to select the domain name and grab your free domain name as shown below. If you already have the domain name you can type your domain name under I have a domain name section.
4. Now on the next step, you need to enter basic information and payment details. In the package information section make sure that you choose a 12-month plan to save money, by default, it is the 36-month plan but we suggest you choose basic 12-month account plan.
If you want you can keep the Domain privacy Protection on by which your contact information like phone number and email address will not be seen by public and will be private to you ( Optional)
5. Now just enter the payment details you can enter your credit or debit card details. Also if you use Paypal then you can do the payment with that.
6. Finally, tick the check box and Click on Submit.
Congratulations you have successfully bought a free domain name and web hosting for you WordPress Blog 🙂
That’s it now you just need to install WordPress on your newly purchase Web hosting from Bluehost which is very quick and easy and I will show you step by step way to do this below.
3. Mapping Your Domain Name With BlueHost Web Hosting :
Note – This step is only required if you have registered your domain name with other registrars like Godaddy.com and if you buy Bluehost web hosting then you will automatically get your free domain name mapped and you don’t need to follow this step.
If you have bought a domain name from other registrars then you simply have to change the name servers to point to Bluehost nameservers.
Below are the steps to map your domain name if you bought your domain name with Godaddy and Bluehost Webhosting.
- All you need to do is change your existing nameservers to point to Bluehost nameservers which look like ns1.bluehost.com; ns2.bluehost.com.
4. How To Install WordPress On BlueHost
Now the final step you all waited for is to install WordPress on Bluehost
- Check your email to get your login details and login to your Cpanel. You can use WordPress interactive guide on how to navigate which is located on the right side
- After you have logged into your WordPress dashboard scroll down until you find the section called Website below that click on Install WordPress.
3. Select your domain name and wait for some time for the WordPress to get installed.
Congratulations! Now you have successfully installed WordPress on your Bluehost account and you can simply access your blog with the URL – yourdomainname.com/wp-login.php ( Check your email for website access details)
Now you can start writing your first post and introduce yourself to the world. I hope you loved this tutorial about how to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost hosting if you have any doubt you are always welcome to ask us via the below comments and we would love to help you in the best possible way we can.
Congrats! You have now successfully installed WordPress on Bluehost now all you need to do start posting quality content on your blog.
Best WordPress Plugins To Install For Your Blog :
Now that you have successfully installed WordPress on Bluehost the next step is to intall important plugins for your blog to make it more powerful and add more functionality to your blog. I have personally hand picked the best WordPress plugins for you and all the plugins are the most important and must have WordPress plugins for your blog.
I highly recommend you to intall these plugins you can read the post below
Still Need Help ?
If you still need help then no worries we are here to help you the best, you just have to follow the above-mentioned steps and purchase the hosting plan from this link here and just contact me at email@example.com or via below contact form and we will setup your blog for free of cost.
You will get full 2-week email support personally from us and we will also install all the necessary plugins and do the full SEO and other blog settings for your blog so that you can start blogging freely.
Shoot Me An Email 😎