Are you stuck with your YouTube account URL you picked long ago that doesn’t quite capture the essence of what you do anymore? Despair not, for YouTube is giving you a way out. You can now get a new custom URL that’s more befitting of your brand. This is definitely better than opening up a brand new channel, and losing all of your previous subscribers. The option will be made available over the next week.
How does it work?
- 500 or more subscribers
- Channels is at least 30 days old
- Channel has uploaded a photo for the channel icon
- Channel has uploaded channel art
Changing the Account URL
- Sign in to YouTube and navigate to the Creator Studio.
- Look for your “Get a new custom URL” notification and click in the included link
- You’ll be redirected to claim a custom URL.
- You’ll see the custom URL(s) you’ve been approved for. These cannot be changed. You may also need to add a few letters or numbers to make the URL unique to you.
- Click the box next to “I agree to the Terms of Service” then click Change URL in the bottom left corner.
- This URL will be linked to both your YouTube channel and your Google+ identity. Once your URL has been approved, you cannot request to change it. When you’re certain, click Confirm choice.
Need Quick Help within 24 Hours? ASK NOW