Method to Download Facebook Videos:
First of all install Firefox browser and any simple download manager from PlayStore. I tried ES File Explorer which also contains a download manager in it but it didn’t work as expected. In fact it stops downloading the video when it is sent into background. The other app I tried is Advanced Download Manager. It is really good software to download any type of file from internet on android device.
- Launch Firefox and login to Facebook mobile site.
- Browse to the video you want to download. Tap on it.
- The video will start playing in new window. Once it has started playing, you’ll see a small “android icon” in the address bar of Firefox.
- Click this icon and you’ll get a pop listing all the supported applications. Choose ADM Editor (Advanced Download Manager Editor) from the list.
- The video will be added in the queue to be downloaded.
- In case the video doesn’t start downloading after a while, open ADM and click on stop and re-start button to resume download.
This method is the best I found to download Facebook videos. I tried many different tricks and applications but none of them worked for me. However, there is one drawback of this method and that is you have to use Facebook on Firefox.
There is also a workaround if you don’t want to ditch the official Facebook app. You can keep using the official app but to download the video you can switch to Firefox. Now the question is how to find the exact video on Firefox you saw in the Facebook app without going all searching and browsing steps. Here is the workaround.
- In the native app, like the video, share it or comment on it which you want to download.
- Now open Firefox and go to your “Activity Log” in the Facebook mobile site.
- You’ll see the recent likes, comments and shares on the top. Click on the desired link and download video as mentioned in the steps above.
That’s all. If you are using any other method for this purpose, please share with us.